Photobucket

Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Six Day Plan

Looking at my unfinished Tau squad from last nights post, I decided to burn the midnight oil and just get 'em done.

Photobucket

Just using the model for painting that the GW site has on painting these guys, it took a little bit. I started with this squad last Sunday and finished them up on Saturday morning.

Photobucket

I was having a bit of trouble at first dry brushing vomit brown over scorched brown. I learned that giving the model a nice coat of vomit brown and the inking the hell out of it with flesh wash really helped keep the paint from getting all over the place. In fact I think the whole technique turned out pretty good

Photobucket

The decals were a lot easier than I first anticipated. Since there just markings and not like a chapter symbol like Marines have, it's ok if you screw em up a bit. The effect still looks the same.

Photobucket

Anyway it feels good. My plan worked. Six minis in six days (with one day left over to chill, hows that for Biblical?). It's not the fastest way to crank out an army but with my schedule it fits perfectly. It doesn't burn me out either. Too many times you can start out on something go hard charging into it and loose steam. This way it spaced out my time enough to do the figs in stages in stead of just knocking in out in one fell blow

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: