Photobucket

Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Blood Angels Army

So here it is! This entire force is a 1000 points (minus the Commander, Opiewan is adding a few extras on him for me) and was painted up in a week and a half. Are the minis some great stinking paint job? No, but they don't suck either. I don't have the patience or time to become some hot shot pro painter. I keep my aims well within my abilities and shot for a force that just looks good on the tabletop.

Every single miniature was done using The Army Painter and that is the reason I was able to get them done so quickly. By using their Red primer and Strong Tone dip I was able to crank out a force fast and get back to the real reason I got into 40k in the first place...

To play the friggin game

The Brave Brothers of 4th Squad under the leadership of their Brother Sergeant Pelanios. Blood Angel 4th Squads are identified by the Blood Drop on there knee
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1st Squad pauses for a moment with their Brother Sergeant Rythan. Blood Angels 1st Squads are marked by the Skull with a black kneepad.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

10th Squad Devastators lead by the Emperors servant, Brother Sergeant Cassian
Blood Angels 10th Squads are identified by a black wing on a yellow kneepad (I'm not much of an artist :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Terminators, the Emperors finest, headed by Terminator Sergeant Veladis
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Holy Predator Invigilius, 2nd company tank of the Blood Angels 2nd company. The 2nd company badge is a yellow blood drop.
Photobucket

The Annialutium, Revered Razorback assighned to the 10th Devistator squad Cassian
Photobucket

Encased in his battle tomb, Brother Theodyne lives on to fight at the side of his Emperor for the good of Mankind
Photobucket
Photobucket

Well there you have it, my Blood Angels army. I'll post the Captain when Opiewan is done making him look cooler. Also I'll get up my actual list for you all to pick apart. Anyway I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for looking. As always constructive (and destructive:) criticism is always welcome.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

8 comments:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

The close up shots really show how nice the shading looks, especially on the termies.

Farske said...

Very nice guys, lovely paint jobs.

oni said...

Nice job. I especially like your terminators.

MIK said...

These guys look really nice, especially for being painted up quickly. Grab a bottle of Micro Sol, it's only three bucks and will work WONDERS on those shoulder decals. I recently found it and will never look back.

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MI-2&Category_Code=FINPROD&Product_Count=0

Gavin Schofield said...

That's extremely impressive, the tanks look fantastic.

The 25mm Warrior said...

Thanks guys, your comments are awesome and I sure appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to swing by and take a look :)

The 25mm Warrior said...

Mik you da man yo! Thanks for that tip. I will defiantly get some and do up a blog on it so everyone can see... I'll even dedicate it to ya! Thanks again!

Bo M.P. said...

I am well chuffed about your endeavours with the Blood Angels and even more that you now, finally, get more time for gaming!
If you guys keep liking it, we'll keep making it... Deal? ;o)
Well done.

Bo Penstoft
President
The Army Painter